The Department of Mathematics and Statistics offers a wide range of and programs and a research intensive environment supported by its affiliation to two of the most prestigious mathematical research institutes in Canada; The Fields Institute for Research in Mathematical Sciences and the Centre de Recherche Mathématique (CRM) de l'Université de Montréal. The research inside the Department covers a wide range of area with strong .
- Dr. David Sankoff will be distinguished by an honorary degree Doctor Philosophiae Honoris Causa from Tel Aviv University on May 15, 2014. " It is the University's great privilege to recognize the merit and excellence of certain distinguished individuals whose contributions to science, technology, or society represent milestones in the realms of human achievement. This year, one of the honorees whose accomplishments we are recognizing is Professor David Sankoff, one of Canada's leaders in the fields of mathematics, computer science and bioinformatics research. "
- Congratulations to Pieter Hofstra, a winner of this year's Excellence in Education Prize, a well-deserved recognition of his outstanding teaching performance and capacity for innovation.
- Congratulations to Jeff Musgrave for an honorable mention and book prize from CAIMS for his PhD thesis.
- Congratulations to Kevin Church for an honorable mention in the Excellence Award for Teaching Assistants program organized by Teaching and Learning Support Service (TLSS). It is also important to note that two other graduate students from our department, Nada Habli and Sana Keita, have earned their students' nomination support.
- Visit our
- The Department of Math. and Stat. runs a Help Center for its first year courses. Please, visit the website of the for more information.
- You would like to do research in math. and stat. Please, visit the website of the for more information.